Wednesday, May 13, 2009

10 Things I Love


1. The sound of the rain and thunder after days of sunshine...There is something about the ability to completely relax with a good movie and glass of wine that is so enticing with the addition of rain and thunder. I really dislike winter because I yearn for a good spring thunderstorm for months!!

2. The laughter of my children...There is NO greater sound. The pure, innocent(or devilish), uninhibited bursts of laughter that come from ONLY times within our special, unforgettable family moments. I have 2 of the biggest, little comedians you will ever meet. Slapstick humor and laughing at ourselves is what we do best! There are so many times when I hear them laughing across the house and my heart smiles larger than any other time at this sound...

3. My mom and grandmother's cooking...I can only hope to one day master the kitchen the way they have. There is no where else on earth that gives me comfort quite like eating with my mom and grandmother. I love to cook and cook quite often and have the two of them to thank for that quality. How do people survive without cooking?!!! I can't imagine living like out of boxed dinners or drive thru lines! A good family meal at the table is so engaging and makes me, as a mother feel good! I love feeding my family a meal I made JUST for them! Thanks Mimi and GiGi!!

4. The feeling of being FIT! I have been exercising for 8 days straight now and I must say...I am one OUT of shape momma! Between the countless bottles of Merlot and movies with Kevin on the couch, my body has turned into MUSH! This exercise thing is really cool!! I know why so many people do it now! It really makes you feel more alive to be fit! I'm on day 8 and plan on keeping this in my life for good! Wish me luck!

5. Wheat fields...Is there anything more amazing than a wheat field this time of year?!! We have a gorgeous wheat field behind our home that is unbelievable! When the wind blows and the wheat straws lean, I honestly think I'm in heaven. I take a deep breath and simply take in the beauty! We had pictures made over the weekend and I will post a wheat field picture soon! Bing(Chloe's awesome dance teacher and photographer) took our pics and I can't wait to see her work! The wheat fields are ALMOST as amazing as her!

6. I love supporting my family! I've stayed at home, I'm been the homemaker/housewife and I loved it. I loved being able to watch my babies grow and video every waking first moment they had. But now, they are in school and I work. I work hard. I work to financially help our family. I work because it makes me feel good. Of course, I could stay home...My husband could provide for us on his own but why?!! There is only so much I could get done around the house and I LOVE the feeling of being success full in what I do. Contributing and showing my kids that I am a strong, hardworking mom is what's it's all about! I don't want them to view me as a "Bon Bon eating, Oprah watching mom..." I want them to view me as a mother who ROCKED at working AND being a homemaker at the same time. I LOVE working!

7. iPhones...I LOVE iPhones and have a secret fascination with them. I have an iPod Touch and LOVE it. Thank you Kevin(birthday present 2 years ago)! I yearn for the iPhone but know how TERRIBLE the reception is and refuse to spend the $100+ a month on a phone that works when it wants to! It's a love/hate relationship. I have MANY friends with iPhones and they love them but it seems that every time I'm around them, the reception is terrible or shady. Maybe I will get over my fear one day and be able to have my love affair with the iPhone REALLY take place. : ( HO HUM.

8. Good Music...I LOVE LOVE LOVE good music. I love listening to it, singing it, dancing to it, crying over it, laughing with it, discovering it, relishing in it, reminiscing to it...EVERYTHING. I love MUSIC! In my past/future life, I was/will be a rock star.

9. Nature...I love Nature. I think I was a hippie in my past life. Maybe I'm somewhat of a closet hippie now. Seriously, I LOVE the outdoors and nature. I love breathing the fresh air, smelling flowers, riding horses, seeing trees sway, planting things, etc. If it's concerning nature, I LOVE it. I could live without seeing a bear charge at me like that time in Gatlinburg...If you want to know that story, just ask...we even have pictures!

10. Life...I love life. That's all that needs to be said.

No comments: